Re: Appalachia reinforcements?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: abccfan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Appy only lost 2 or 3 good ball players from last years team and they are a lot worse this year than last?????? </div></div>
If you ask me, the problem this year doesn't seem to be with talent but rather the desire to win, be a team, and the coaching necessary to make them a winning team.
Look at them last year and compare them to this year - the same faces for the most part, but almost COMPLETELY different when it comes to actually playing.
Just imagine the lack of desire AND experience next year. That's why I'm saying it's going to be a mighty rough one for Appalachia. If they win three games, I'll be absolutely shocked.
Re: Appalachia reinforcements?
Appalachia is still a team to be reckoned with. They are however a small school, and they are going to have their good and their bad years. I honestly worry about them tomorrow, and did before hearing word of reinforcements. They were no doubt going to step up after last week big time. The fact that there seemed to be more talk from some of the Appy faithful this week, be it about coaches, or players 'not playing', tended to make me more reserved about them.
I do however have a problem believing that they allow players who quit on them back. If thats true, thats unbelievable to me and shows how much things have changed.
Re: Appalachia reinforcements?
I don't believe their coach would allow them to come back. Appy is a team to worry about come playoff time but if they are allowed to come back or not, this will not be the same team c-wood faced last week. There will be extra motivation for them on sat.
Re: Appalachia reinforcements?
Half of the players they have should have been kicked off for some of the crap they did (no discipline). The peanut program has won very few games in the last 3 or 4 years, no talent for the future. Everyone thinks Travis Turner is the savior for the program he would be better off at Lee High than try to resurrect the ghosts of the past.
Re: Appalachia reinforcements?
Well,I know how you feel Rock,But I'm pretty sure that reguardless of whether or not Appy brings some suprises or not. Coach Mullins is going to have the Wave as ready for them as if they played to a 0-0 tie last week.Thats what makes LPD football the best to me.Each time our teams play, you can pretty well forget about the last times they met.
Re: Appalachia reinforcements?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jones</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> There will be extra motivation for them on sat.
</div></div>
If a home playoff game wasn't motivation enough last week, how would another railroad car full of whoopass from Norton next week be enough?
Re: Appalachia reinforcements?
Speaking of Lee High (and sorry to change the subject as I almost always tend to do), does anyone know exactly what made Travis go to their program?
Is it because he was offered a better position or because he didn't like the way things were being done at Appy or both?
Hopefully someone has an answer to this and thanks in advance, because I've been wondering about it.
Re: Appalachia reinforcements?
and before anyone says so ,i know a 0-0 tie couldn't happen [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] just show's my age.
Re: Appalachia reinforcements?
No teaching position open at Appy so I was told?????
Re: Appalachia reinforcements?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: centennialdawg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol, it happens all the time with every team and don't even try to say it doesn't </div></div>
So you're telling me Tom Turner would have allowed someone to quit, then return to the team once they made the playoffs? </div></div>
Well, he did, I know that for sure.